Are you interested in curriculum, teacher training, and support for school and district leaders? Join our Strong Instruction Action Team!
Learn About Other Action Teams
What Do We do?
- Instruction: All curricula, programs, and literacy instruction implemented in schools align to the Science of Reading (SoR).
- Assessment: Schools use reliable / appropriate measures for measuring literacy proficiency; Elimination of the “discrepancy model” as a way to identify students w/ text-based disabilities.
- Professional Learning: All building leaders and educators receive consistent training and professional development in SoR and feel supported to effectively implement.
- Support districts to create and execute comprehensive literacy strategies, including:
- Selecting and adopting strong curricula.
- Training leaders and educators on the SoR.
- Support and hold schools accountable for implementation of literacy plans.
Sara Spafford Freeman
See who has joined the effort to improve literacy in Minnesota.